Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Wednesday and I have finally taken control of the apartment back . . .

. . . and I will be days getting the place cleaned back up again.  But it sure was fun making the mess.  Hal was off duty for 5 days and we spent them doing things we enjoy and relaxing a lot.  Today was spent running errands, visiting, and spending the evening with the grandsons.  We had a pretty great time . . .

watching cartoons
playing cards
making personal pizzas
eating apple pie and chocolate ice cream and whipped cream
making and eating snow candy
talking and telling stories











Hal went back on duty this morning but just got called out for his first load tonight.  That's the way it usually goes.  Welcome to the trucking industry.  And of course we have freezing drizzle tonight so I will worry about Hal all the way to Toronto.  He promised to call when he arrived so I will be able to relax and sleep.  Once he is in his big truck I don't worry so much.  So its going to be a long night tonight.

I made Hal take the rest of the apple pie leftover from supper with him.  I don't want it in the house.  I just finally made it back to my pre-Christmas weight so hopefully I'm back on the road of weight loss.

It is really going to be a late night tonight, waiting for Hal to call and let me know everything is all right.  And the worst part is my alarm is set for 8 am so I can turn on the VCR.  I'm sure there is a way to pre-program it but anyone who knows me knows that probably wouldn't go well.

I'm taping Tim's Canadian television premiere (although this isn't 100% true since a couple of movies he extra'd in have been on television) in Dual Suspects:  Ties that Bind.  Hint:  Tim is the killer.  I had this great idea to have a TV and popcorn party tomorrow night and invited some friends and family over to watch with me.  I had to cancel the party when it turned out I had the time wrong . . . 9AM not 9PM . . . argghhhh!!!!!!

So I won't be watching the show in the morning, just taping it because I'm heading out for breakfast with some friends.  Then I have about 5 million errands to run and then I have to clean the disaster which is my apartment.  Right now it looks like 4 tornados have come through -- and their names are Hal, Austin, Taylor and Cameron . . . LOL . . .

Mom bought a new cell phone today.  Why is this funny?  She loses them.  The last one ran away in just a few days.  So we made some interesting suggestions to prevent the loss of this new phone.  I'm taking bets on how long she will have it before it runs away . . . LOL . . .

When Hal is home I set my own projects aside so we can spend our time together.  That also means setting aside the Dreaded To Do List.  It comes back out tomorrow.  According to the Dreaded To Do List it is December 24th . . . ooooooo perfect excuse to go shopping.

I just finished reading my second book for 2011 . . .


I have never read anything by Hemingway before.  It takes him a long long long time to tell a story . . . but you don't really mind because the words are almost like listening to music . . . or watching a movie . . . because the narration is so vivid that you can picture everything and hear everything . . .

I'm now reading Too Much Happiness by Alice Munroe.  I'll let you know how it is.

Good night all,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an enjoyable time. As a retired trucker's wife, I understand about your concern. I finally got over it because I finally understood that I had not control over it. I do understand that you were concerned for him in his vehicle and not the big rig.

    ReplyDelete