Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dr. Hal to the rescue

We woke up early this morning (early for me) to spend the day with our three grandsons.  First stop was McDonalds for our free breakfast sandwiches.  They didn't get a rave review except from Austin and I.  Hal and Taylor didn't like the biscuit.  And of course, Cameron didn't like anything . . . sigh!


Next stop was Old Gardens to pick out the perfect flowers to cheer up Nanna and wish her a speedy recovery.  We picked a pretty vase of tea roses.

Signing the get well card


We spent the rest of the morning at Nanna's, entertaining her and playing board games.  She had a great big grin as she watched the boys sprawled all over her den floor playing Sorry.


And then we were off to lunch at the Stationmaster Restaurant . . . yummy . . . You should have seen the boys' eyes light up as I said the magic word . . . BUFFET . . . Cameron ate fairly well but Hal, Austin and Taylor really got their money's worth.  Of course there was chili on the buffet which is a favourite food with these guys.  My favourite part of the meal was the delicious homemade tomato soup.  Now that was a food group all on its own.  Cameron was very fond of the chicken stir fry (only don't put any veg on his plate . . . LOL) and the watermelon.   It was fun seeing lots of familiar faces there.  I guess we aren't the only ones who love the Stationmaster.

We dropped Hal off at Nanna's as they were taking her to see Dr. Pooley and she still isn't walking great by herself.  The boys and I decided to continue adventuring and headed off to the used book store by the Capital Theatre.  He still doesn't have debit but there was a decent selection of books and the boys each selected one.


Next stop . . . the Bulk Barn . . . which the boys call the candy store.  Each boy was allowed a scoop of his favourite candy.  I picked up a 1/2 scoop of licorice and some peanut butter cups for Hal.  I also picked up hazelnut spread and some brown rice spaghetti for the next time I want to make a stir fry.


Hal still hadn't called to say he was ready to rejoin our adventures so off we went to the Military Museum.  Love that place.  And we have 3 letterboxes hidden in the area:  Ready, Aim, Letterbox, Jumbo is in the Circus and Target Practice/Enfield.  We've been to the museum many times but never had the guided tour.  I recommend it highly.  You need about 1-1/2 hours for the tour full of great information and stories.  We weren't able to finish the whole tour because I had to have Austin to a basketball game by 3:30 and the museum guide was lovely and gave us complimentary passes to return and finsh the tour.  We are looking forward to continuing the tour when Hal is home again.


I dropped the boys off and then back to Nanna's to hear the results of her doctor's appointment.  Seems she may have an injury in her neck that could be from when she fainted in the store a couple of years ago . . . the chiropractor is sure he can relieve most of her symptoms.  She is so happy about that and so are we.

Spent the evening running errands and then home for Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice.  I told Hal that after such a long and busy day I was going to get drunk.  He just laughed at me, "You don't get drunk."  "Oh yeah," I replied.  "But I do get unsober."

Nighty night all . . . I need some sleep.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment