Sunday, August 14, 2011

Delving into family history . . .

We woke up early in the morning to have breakfast with Hal's sister, Deb, and her husband, Ken at the restaurant in the hotel.  The Eggs Benedict were very well done.

We met up with brother Bob and sister Marjorie at Bob's office to go through some family photos and papers and to get their help identifying people in photos I already had.  We spent 4 hours reminiscing, photographing, photocopying and sorting.  It was a great time.

Bob, then and now . . .

Royston Hall & Marjorie Hall

Hall family

Grandpa Fisher's mother

Hal and I grabbed a sandwich and headed for Chatham to connect with a branch of my family that had been missing since the 1950's.  I met Dawn, Mary Lou and Tom Heuston at Dawn's home.  We clicked right away and enjoyed several hours of sharing photos and info and we even found time to take a few photos too.

My cousin Tom looks so much like my Great Grandfather Hewson that it is uncanny.  (At our family reunion I was constantly asked to show the photos of Tom)

Looking through scrapbooks with Tom, Mary Lou and Dawn.


We stopped for supper at Montana's in London.  They had packs of cards on the table so we cracked open a deck and played a few hands of king in the corner while we waited for our meal.  I won . . . LOL..

Our plans for Monday are to rest and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment