Sunday, January 19, 2020

Movie Review: Idiocracy (2006)


Oh, I had some serious misgivings about watching this movie.  Directed by Mike Judge, who will forever be known for bringing us Beavis and Butthead, this is a movie about the dumbing down of America.

It is funny.  Luke Wilson has an amazing low-key comedic style that keeps this movie from being one long fart joke.  The language and sexual content has earned it an R rating but I didn't find either overly offensive.

Would I go looking to watch this movie again . . . probably not because it really isn't my style.  But it definitely is worth seeing once and if it were on TV late at night I might watch it just because it is simple and entertaining.

So, kind of a mixed review on this one.  Funny and Luke Wilson on the pro side.  Dumb and not note-worthy on the con side.


1 comment:

  1. When I saw you were reviewing this movie, I couldn't wait to see your take on it. The first time I saw this movie, I almost turned it off. I thought it was the dumbest movie ever made. In fact, I remember thinking to myself "I will never get that hour and a half of my life back". But certain phrases in the movie stayed with me for some reason. I ended up watching the movie again, and now it is one of my favorites...I just had to let the humor sink in.

    ReplyDelete