Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Scrapbooking Sketches

Not sure how to put together your layout? Sketches are a great tool for planning layouts. Sketches are also called floor plans, blueprints or page maps. They may come with measurements, but often do not. I recommend drawing a grid dividing the sketch into quarters so you can estimate the measurements easier.

There are so many great sketch sites available on the Internet. My personal favourite is pagemaps.com. I often draw up my own sketches before I start scrapbooking. I prefer to use simpler sketches to help with a general layout of my page and then I add my own details to finish it up. Sometimes I make so many changes that the finished layout doesn’t even resemble the sketch I started out with.

Always keep in mind that sketches are just suggestions and they should be altered to suit your papers, photos and even your mood.

I collect sketches from many different sources--online, magazines, store samples, friends' layouts--so I never run out of ideas.  I sometimes will use a favourite sketch several times.

To help you start your scrapbook sketch collection check out Scrapbooking With Sketches . . . at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/afreshstart and stay tuned for Two-Page Sketches for Scrapbooking due out in about 6 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment