Monday, April 5, 2021

Book Review: My Big Bottom Blessing


"Does this book make my rear end look big?"

I received a copy of My Big Bottom Blessing by Teasi Cannon and read most of it one evening while sitting in the emergency room with a friend.

Wow . . . Teasi Cannon has a very interesting way of writing her thoughts in a very readable way.  As a bigger gal myself I was intrigued to learn what she had to say about getting past her body image and beginning to love her life.  I think body image and self-esteem are serious issues for most women.  If we were to do a survey right now my bet is that almost every woman would say there was something wrong with her body.  Well the author apparently has a big bottom and she discovered that she was allowed this impediment to impact the enjoyment of her life.

Cannon says that "My weight on the scale led to such an agonizing weight of emotional pain in my heart . . . "  I think that pain is something many of us have had to face over and over again, every time we go shopping for clothes, every time we look in a mirror, every time we notice someone looking at what we are putting in our shopping carts.

But Cannon has a plan for healing and acceptance based on a biblical approach to life that she has clearly written out for others to follow.  In fact, she has set the book up so it can be used as a teaching aid for a women's group, with thought provoking examples, questions and suggestions to help each of us learn to love ourselves again; learning to love who we see in the mirror again.

I am very impressed with much of what Cannon has to say and recommend this book.

3 comments:

  1. based on your review I think this would be a great book for any woman to read (no matter the size). I think I would enjoy reading it and know a few people I could pass it on to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all struggle with body issues, especially in our younger years..it is not until we are older, wiser and struggled intensely that acceptance comes!! Glad to see a novel discussing these issues!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read and enjoyed this book as well. Great review! This is not a "how-to" book about weight loss, but a beautiful and candid (and sometimes funny) memoir about a woman's journey toward self-acceptance. Knowing she was God’s beloved made it possible for her to love herself. I know all women, regardless of size, will appreciate Teasi Cannon's honesty!

    ReplyDelete