Monday, April 19, 2021

Book Review ~ Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella


We were visiting my son and his girlfriend in Toronto and someone had left a pile of books with a free sign in the hallway.  So I grabbed two Sophie Kinsella novels.  Never heard of her but they looked like fun, so what the hey?

Well I opened Shopaholic & Sister and chuckled my way through the entire book.  The characters are out-of-their-minds eccentric . . . worst or best of all is shopaholic Becky Bloomwood.  As I'm not much of a shopper, I found her to be totally outside my realm of understanding and at the same time totally riveting.

Becky learns that she has a half-sister and is determined to become her best friend and true sister.  The problem is that Jess Bertram is a miser.  The two of them are destined to clash in a big way.

I love how the book ends and I think I will be reading the whole series over the summer.

Definitely a fun summer read!!


No comments:

Post a Comment