Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WagJag is my friend . . .

You all know how I love to rant about bad customer service.  But . . . I prefer telling you about good service.

Doesn't it look awesome?  I can't wait.

So I saw on WagJag a half-price coupon for sailing on a tall ship.  That is definitely on my bucket list plus it is my birthday on the 28th.  What a perfect gift.  So I purchased 2 coupons for Hal and I and sent the link to both of my sons in case either of them wished to come along with their respective spouses.  Through the grapevine (older brother) I heard that my younger son was a little down so Hal and I decided to buy him and his girlfriend tickets too.  I gifted them to him.  Okay so that part of the transactions went quite well.

Fast forward to Monday (yesterday) when I started trying to print off our coupons . . . note the word trying.  Now if you know me even a little bit, you know I am electrically, mechanically and computerally challenged.  It's true.  I lost track of how many times I tried.  Then I moved to Hal's computer and tried a whole bunch more times.  Finally I gave up.  Today I tried again.  It was very trying.

I called customer service at WagJag and spoke to Josh.  What a patient man!!  He talked me through the process and nothing.  He hung in there with me while I tried a different web browser.  Nothing!  And then he had the scathingly brilliant idea for me to try another file on my computer that was a .pdf.  Guess what?  It wouldn't open.  Something was wrong with my Adobe Reader.  I let Josh off the hook so he could go help someone else, probably as challenged as I am at these things.  I downloaded a new Adobe reader and guess what?  It worked.  I printed off 2 coupons.

And then I was back in trouble.  I had gifted the tickets to my son and wasn't able to print them.  But I needed them in order to make the reservations.  I tried getting in touch with my son.  No luck.  So back on the phone with WagJag.  I pressed 2 when prompted and became Marie's problem.  She quickly understood my dilemma and with her magic computer Marie was able to transfer the coupons back to my account so I could print them.  Magic!

So WagJag . . . Josh and Marie both need a raise!  They have to deal with people like me or . . . gasp . . . even worse every day!!  Seriously.  Thank you Josh and Marie for having a great sense of humour, unlimited patience and great customer service.

2 comments:

  1. We are very flattered with this glowing review for our customer service team! So much so that we would like to share this blog with our social media members. Would that be alright with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be just fine with. Good customer service is rare these days so I love to share when it happens.

      Delete