Monday, November 16, 2020

21 Simple Things You Can Do To Help Someone With Diabetes by Cherie Burbach


When I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, I had a struggle with understanding and incorporating the changes I was going to have to make to my lifestyle to cope with this condition. Cherie Burbach's book arrived in my mailbox at the moment I needed to see it.

21 Simple Things You Can Do To Help Someone With Diabetes offers very helpful advice for the friends and family of someone with diabetes. The author stresses how important it is to be informed and supportive.

Chapter 1 hit very close to home for my husband. The only thing he knew about diabetes was what he had heard from me or others. One night I was frustrated and in tears because I haven't been able to get my numbers on target and didn't know what else to do. My husband suggested we get out the information package from the diabetes clinic at the hospital and do some brainstorming. He sat with me to watch the video, discussing each section until we had come up with some ideas to help get my numbers under control. That night meant so much to me.

Cherie Burbach writes in a friendly, conversational style which is easy to read. She offers so many simple ideas, some were common sense while others were very surprising to me. I think her book should be recommend to anyone with diabetes and to their friends and family. Diabetes is hard enough to live with; why not make it a little easier for your friend or loved one by having a good understanding of what your friend is going through and being as supportive as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment