Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Letterboxing near Woodstock

It was so nice having all my kids and grandkids for Thanksgiving this year.  We had our dinner on the Saturday because, as I've mentioned once or twice, my husband is a truck driver and the only time I can generally count on him being home is Saturday afternoon.  We agreed to drive my youngest son and his girlfriend back to Toronto on Sunday.  When we were on the 401 I just happened to mention that I had the clues for a letterbox at the En Route (did I get that right?) near Woodstock.  It was cold and drizzly and dreary but Krystel was up for it so we pulled in to the centre and started trying to work the clues.  We are both educated women, which is probably what the problem was, but we were having trouble figuring out the landmarks.  And then we had an AHA moment and it was all clear and there was the box.  Guess what I didn't have?  A camera or our stamp and ink.  We huffed on the stamp and were able to get an imprint and we just left notes in the log book.  We replaced the letterbox a little better than we found it, a little deeper into the tree, so hopefully it will be safe and enjoyed for a very long time.

I can't believe I forgot my camera!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment