Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Book Review ~ The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen




The first thing I have to say about this book is that I am very sad it took so long for me to start reading it.  From the moment I opened to the first page I became annoyed by any interruptions to my reading.  The story is pretty predictable for a period romance but that is okay because isn't that why we love period romances . . . the girl and boy always realize they love each other by the end.

In this case the boy is a ship's captain come home to try and win the hand of the lady who spurned him several years ago.  The girl is a lady who trusted too much and was taken advantage of by the man she thought loved her and was going to marry her.  When the boy and girl meet the story really begins.

The  interesting difference in this book were some of the very interesting characters.  I thought Julie Klassen did a great job bringing her characters to life and making them interesting people that one would wish to read about.  I especially enjoyed Martin and Captain Prince.

A great read.  Order in pizza so you don't have to stop reading to cook a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment