Monday, August 19, 2013

An amazing invention . . . the Sock A Loni

We had our family reunion yesterday and it was a great time . . . but that's not what I want to tell you about.

My cousin, Paul Hewson, has invented this amazing tool to help people with movement limitations such as arthritis to help them get their socks on.  I bet ya I watched him demonstrate his invention half-a-dozen times and I was absolutely fascinated.  He gave each family group a free sample of the Sock A Loni.  I'm holding on to mine because I know the day is coming soon where my hips and knees are going to give out and this little beauty is going to be very helpful.

In the mean time I'm sharing this gem with you.  Here are some photos I took yesterday.  I'm so annoyed with myself that I didn't videotape his demonstration.




You just put the sock on the Sock A Loni . . .


Drop it to the floor, remembering to hold on to the strings . . . 

Put your foot in . . .



And pull the sock up !!!
 

Interested?  

You can reach Paul at 519-644-2729 or http://www.sockaloni.ca/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment