Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sparta House Tea Room in Sparta, ON

I love the Sparta House Tea Room.  I don't get there very often but I guarantee to go anytime you invite me.  It is a beautiful old building on the historic main street of Sparta.  Inside the floors squeak and squawk as you walk across them.  The walls are covered with displays of interesting and unusual teapots.  The food is fabulous.  The tea is served hot hot hot in a tea pot with a cosy.  What more do you need to know?

This past Sunday a few of us put on our lipstick and went to the Tea Room for lunch to celebrate my mother's birthday.  I had the Cornish pastie and it was hot and lovely.  The other ladies said that their meals were lovely as well.  The desserts are wonderful as well.  Can you see the tea pots with cosies in the middle of the table?


Mom and Nanna pointed out some of their tea pots which are now at home here.  Nanna donated one with creamer and sugar bowl and Mom's arrived here as a result of a yard sale.  They are glad the tea pots are appreciated and have a good home.

Believe it or not, I've even brought the grandsons here for cream tea (tea and scones with cream and jam) and they enjoyed themselves.

For more information just check out http://www.spartahouse.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment