Monday, September 2, 2013

The Green Roof Restaurant, Port Stanley ON

Just before you get to Port Stanley there is a little white building with a green roof, The Green Roof Restaurant.  


We recently went to the Green Roof on a Thursday night for their "Taste of India" meal.  I have a few things to say, some are good and some not so great.  But I want you to know that I have already been back again for another meal.

Let me start by saying we were a very large group.  It started out with just a few but word spread and so did the size of our group.  That was a pretty rough surprise to pull on the one and only server.  The restaurant was full most of the time we were there.


We started out with samosas and they were delicious and huge and hot and, as you may have guessed, I really enjoyed them.

The Taste of India meal is served on a large sectioned tray with chili chicken, butter chicken, basmati rice, salad, and 2 dishes I can't remember the name of but one was "peas and paneer??" I think and the other was a meatball sort of thing.  I've only ever had butter chicken before but I have to say I loved everything except the meatball sort of thing.  Not that it was bad, just a texture thing for me I guess.

My grandmother ordered fish and chips but when my order arrived before hers she decided to try a bit of everything . . . and she seemed to really like it.  She also enjoyed the samosas.  




Not everyone was brave enough to order the Indian meal so we got to hear about the other food as well.  Apparently the fish and chips were really good.  The coleslaw was also enjoyed.  One friend was craving another hot roast beef sandwich a week later (which is why we made our second trip). 

So, what I like about the restaurant is the food and the price which was very reasonable.  My dislikes are that the building is echo-y (which I'm not sure they can do anything about) and that there is only one server.  I realize that more may not be necessary between meals but perhaps someone from the kitchen could be commandeered for busing tables during busy times so that the server (who is quite lovely) could concentrate on service instead of attempting to do everything herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment