Sunday, May 24, 2020

Dark Shadows (2012)


If you had asked me a few years back what I thought of Johnny Depp I would have probably said eh, he's okay I guess.  But for some reason I am becoming addicted to his movies.  It all started with Sweeney Todd.  I have developed a real enjoyment of his quirky characters .  

Anyway, the movie is silly and parts of it just don't make any sense.  And yet I really did like it a lot.  It is funny.

The story is about Barnabas Collins who spurns the affections of a witch.  Her revenge is to kill his fiance, turn him into a vampire and then bury him alive.  

A couple of centuries later Barnabas is inadvertently dug up by a construction crew and, after a quick snack, returns to his family estate to find it in ruins.  His family are totally dysfunctional and going broke.  Barnabas is determined to fix everything.

Only one problem, his ex-girlfriend is still around.

This is not a great movie.  But it is funny and I love when Alice Cooper performs.  Check it out some rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment