Saturday, January 25, 2014

Knitting up a storm . . .

I guess I was just waiting for the really bad winter weather to hunker down and get some serious knitting done.  These 3 projects were all done in the first week of January.



The first two are mystery knit along dishcloths -- a partridge in a pear tree and a snowman.  Mystery kals are fun because you only receive 10-12 rows of instructions each day so you are usually at least half way done before you can even start to guess what you are creating.  You can see these patterns at http://monthlydishclothoverflow.blogspot.ca/.


And looky here, another oddball sampler afghan block.  I have to say this afghan has given me more challenges and more a-ha moments than anything else I have ever made.  I love them.  I can't wait to finish the last square and put them all together.  This one is called Woven Square because of the dense fabric the stitches create.  It used up a lot of yarn.  You can see the pattern  at http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/wovensquare.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment