Monday, May 8, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Melting Away

Today's Prompt: Melting Away

You're a snowman and the weather has turned warm and sunny. Describe what it feels like to melt away, little by little.

Melting Snowman Photograph by Deborah Klubertanz

Frankly I have no idea what it would feel like to be a snowperson since my inner thermostat is broken and I am boiling hot most of the time. You may think this is a nice thing especially in winter. But it really is not. People frown on you stripping down to your undergarments in the middle of the grocery store so I have to control my instincts. People come in my house and comment on how cold it is. In the winter I keep windows open and in the summer the air conditioner is on full blast.  I have afghans on the backs of every chair and couch in my living room in answer to those comments. My husband runs around shutting windows and doors and making me insane because then I have to get up and open them again, which makes him insane. So really I have no concept of what a snowperson feels when it is frozen but I think I have a pretty good idea how it feels when it is melting.


No comments:

Post a Comment