Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Fitness, Pistols and Building a Mystery ~j

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Perceived Shape

Have you ever been significantly more OR less physically fit than you are today?  What was different about that? What was easier? Harder? Did others treat you any differently?

I hate to answer these questions because I always feel like people might think I'm being all whiney . . . but my physical fitness changed in a week.  I went to a convention in good shape, healthy . . . I had been hiking just a few days before.  While I was away, I got sick.  I was so sick that I was scared to go the hospital because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go home.  So I waited until I returned to Canada to see a doctor.  After nearly a year of tests I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  My life has never been the same.  I believe that was 1996.


Pistol Patent Day

When : Always February 25th

"Shoot! I don't have a Pistol Patent." If this thought is going through your mind right now, then this day is for you. You should aim to get a patent today. Why, today is Pistol Patent Day.

In order to get a pistol patent, you must have a new design for a pistol. I'm sure you can whip one up in short order and lay down the permit application fees and such, right? If not, how can you participate in this day? .... we offer no answer to this question.

Did you Know? Samuel Colt invented the revolver, a pistol with multiple chambers for bullets. He patented it in Europe in 1835, and in the United States in 1836.

Origin of Pistol Patent Day:
Samuel Colt invented the pistol. He received Patent # 138 for it on this day in 1836. The patent was for the Colt Revolver with a rotating chamber containing six bullets.



February 25, 1998 - Halifax-born singer Sarah McLachlan wins Grammy Award for best female pop vocal for her song, Building a Mystery. Los Angeles, California
http://canadachannel.ca/todayincanadianhistory/index.php/February_25

No comments:

Post a Comment