Sunday, May 31, 2020

Movie Review: Love Punch


The Love Punch (2013) - IMDb

While I would not give this movie a gold star, I also would not throw rotten veggies at it.  I love the actors and recognized them all immediately as favourite characters in favourite movies.


I love Pierce Brosnan as so many different characters but my personal favourite is Sam in Mama Mia.  Emma Thompson is awesome in so many movies but I will always love her best as Nanny McPhee.

Love Punch is silly, unbelievable and a comedy caper gone wrong.  Brosnan and Thompson play Kate and Richard, a divorced couple who have been robbed by a heartless CEO of their retirement savings.  They are determined to get it back.  When they concoct a wacky scheme to steal a nearly priceless diamond from the CEO, they need help.  

Help arrives in the form of Pen (Celia Imrie) and Jerry (Timothy Spall), their friends and neighbours.  Celia is so funny but I love the mystery of Jerry who has secrets only now coming to light in a really amusing way.  I loved Imrie in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and my favourite Spall character is in the Last Samuri.

This movie I think they made just for the fun of it.  But I liked it.  Who says we can only watch GOOD movies?  Sometimes silly is the perfect thing for a quiet afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment