Thursday, April 6, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Perfume

Today's Prompt: Perfume

What do you like to smell like? Perfume and cologne are out of fashion these days, but did you ever wear one? Is there a scented lotion, shampoo, or other smell that you like?



What do I like to smell like?  Clean.

I haven't worn perfume in quite a long time. I stopped using it a few years ago when I realized that whenever I was in a room where there were several scents involved . . . perfumes, shampoos, candles, whatever . . . my head would stuff right up and make me miserable.  I could only imagine what it would do to someone who is allergic.  I am scent-free as a favour to people who have allergies or sensitivities to scents.  

But . . . in the days when I used perfume, Avon's Moonwind was my go to scent.  I noticed a lot of scents changed when I wore them, probably because of body chemistry or something.  Moonwind always smelled like Moonwind.  In fact, when a friend and Avon rep told me Moonwind was going to be discontinued, I bought everything I could get my hands on.  I didn't want to start searching for a new scent.  I bet if I cleaned out the basket under the bathroom sink I would find there is still some Moonwind in some form . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment