Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Pulp Fiction (1994) ~m

A while back I took a "quiz" on Facebook to determine how many of the top 250 movies of all time. I had actually seen. I scored 100 out of the 250 movies that were listed. If I was unsure about seeing a movie I didn't check it off so my score could possibly be much higher.

And then I started thinking that perhaps instead of binge watching old TV series I should binge watch movies. I decided just to take on the top 100 movies for a starter. Now I'm very sure I am going to agree with quite a few of the entries on this list but I already know I'm going to argue about a few as well.

So here is #6 of the top 100 Movies of all time according to IMDB:

Pulp Fiction (1994)

I'm probably going to rile up a bunch of people with my opinion of this movie.  I absolutely hated it.  I tried to make myself watch it again to properly review it and perhaps give a solid reason why I hated it so much but I just couldn't make myself do it.





From IMDB:  

The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

I really don't understand why I don't like it.  I love so many of the actors in it . . . sigh . . . 


Academy Awards, USA 1995

Won
Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
Quentin Tarantino
Roger Avary

Nominated
Oscar Best Picture
Lawrence Bender

Best Actor in a Leading Role
John Travolta

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Samuel L. Jackson

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Uma Thurman

Best Director
Quentin Tarantino

Best Film Editing
Sally Menke

No comments:

Post a Comment