Monday, July 3, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Awakening

Today's Writing Prompt: Awakening

Are you good at getting up early, or is it a struggle?





When my kids were young I often woke up an hour before them just for that little bit of peace and quiet, a cup of tea and perhaps a good book.

I'm not really sure when I changed.  I think it was so gradual that I didn't notice until it was too late.

Dear hubby knows now to let the alarm clock wake me up (if I really need to wake up) so that I will be mad at that annoying inanimate object rather than the unlucky person who was thinking it was a good idea to wake me up.

If I don't have to be up early, everyone knows to leave me alone until I want to be awake.  I am truly insanely miserable if I don't get enough sleep.  I think it might be because of the fibromyalgia.  Who knows?  Just tip toe around until you see me rise from my slumber to begin my day.

All my friends know not to call before 10 am unless there is an emergency.

Yeah, I'd say waking up is a bit of a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment