Friday, September 29, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Awkward

Today's Writing Prompt: Awkward

I had a really awkward moment with someone this week.  Tell me about any awkward encounters of your own.


My biggest social faux pas is that I cannot remember names.  I remember faces . . . usually.  But not names.  


The dumbest flub is that I have several friends with similar names -- Krystel, Krista, Kristle -- and I am always calling them by the wrong names.  What is wrong with my brain?

Hubby and I have a deal.  If we are in public and I stop and chat with someone but don't introduce the person to him then chances are I can't remember the name.  Later we will put our heads together and invariably remember the name . . . too late.

This can cause some very awkward moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment