Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Book Review ~ Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson



Hattie Big Sky is meant for preteen and teen readers but I think grown ups are allowed to read it as well.  

I read this book quite a while ago and wish I'd blogged about it then so I could give you more detail than I can now.  The story is about a young orphan who is constantly moved from one relative to another, never knowing a home.  She is the beneficiary of her Uncle's homestead in Montana and decides to take the risk.  She shares her adventures and misadventures in letters to her friend Charlie, serving on the front during WWI.  

I was about to tell you how it ends but I'll leave that for you to find out.  I do promised it is not what you might expect.

I think this book is a great summer read.

No comments:

Post a Comment