Tuesday, August 23, 2016

When people behave badly . . .



Good evening dear friends.
Today has not been my favourite day . . . mostly because I have high expectations of human behaviour and I am disappointed when those expectations are not met.
It started out fun . . . going out for coffee with Nancy, Doug, Nanna and Mom. On the way home I stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things and then I went home. Nanna called and asked me to take her shopping. I called Hal (who was out for breakfast with a friend) and he agreed to take Nanna shopping but he was stopping at home first. When he pulled in the driveway he saw that my car was damaged on the passenger side . . . a lot. The air was blue with his displeasure. Hal is always offending by vehicle damage.
I, on the other hand, was really upset and disappointed for a different reason. How could someone do that much damage and just drive away? I couldn't do it. I would have had to wait for the person to come out of the store or at the very least leave a note. Nothing. Who does that? What is wrong with them?
And that is how my good mood got kicked in the ass.
It has taken a lot to get past my anger and disappointment and shock. I was not fit company for anyone. Even Hal was smart enough to find excuses to disappear for long periods of time. And I did get past it or at least I've contained it . . . for now.
Three things helped me . . . having a good cry, Shaw's Ice Cream and doing something nice for someone who was a complete stranger. And the raspberry and truffles ice cream was deeeeeeelicious.
Tomorrow I'll begin the process of estimates and paperwork. But for tonight I'm feeling pretty good right now. It is just a car after all.
Good night dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment