Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Book Review ~ The Debutante by Kathleen Tessaro

Image result for the debutante by kathleen tessaro

I have had a string of bad luck when it comes to books.  I would blame my sister since she has been the source but I'm afraid she might stop gifting me books.

Apparently this genre of novel is often referred to as chick lit.  I dislike the whole idea of chick lit as suggesting women only want to read simple fluff.  Perhaps that is the reason I disliked the last book I reviewed and this one.

According to Goodreads:  "Cate, an exile from New York, is sent to help value the contents of a once-grand house on the south-west coast of England. Cataloguing its contents, she uncovers details of two of the most famous debutantes of their generation. The tale that unfolds is one of dark, addictive love, leading Cate to face up to secrets of her own."

I only made it through a couple of chapters before I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment