Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Top Movies of All Time according to IMDB - #1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994) ~ m

A while back I took a "quiz" on Facebook to determine how many of the top 250 movies of all time. I had actually seen. I scored 100 out of the 250 movies that were listed. If I was unsure about seeing a movie I didn't check it off so my score could possibly be much higher.

And then I started thinking that perhaps instead of binge watching old TV series I should binge watch movies. I decided just to take on the top 100 movies for a starter. Now I'm very sure I am going to agree with quite a few of the entries on this list but I already know I'm going to argue about a few as well.

So here is the top movie of all time according to IMDB:

#1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

I loved loved loved this movie. Of course I don't think I've ever seen a Morgan Freeman movie I didn't love.

Tim Robbins plays a young banker who is found guilty of murdering his wife and her lover. He is innocent but I guess that doesn't matter. The movie is about his life in prison and his friendship with Red, played by Morgan Freeman.


My favourite scene is right after the arrival of donations for the prison library.  That is all I am going to say except that it is an uplifting moment.  



I really love the ending but I'm not going to give it away in case you've never seen the movie yet.  
Let's just say it is good to never lose hope . . . and to be a very clever banker.


Both Robbins and Freeman give award worthy performances in this great story of hope.  I can't believe they didn't win any Oscars but the movie was nominated for:

Best Picture - Niki Marvin

Best Actor in a Leading Role - Morgan Freeman

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published - Frank Darabont

Best Cinematography - Roger Deakins

Best Sound - Robert J. Litt Elliot Tyson Michael Herbick Willie D. Burton

Best Film Editing - Richard Francis-Bruce

Best Music, Original Score - Thomas Newman

If you've seen this movie before, why not watch it again?  If you have never watched this movie, I really think you should.  But Parental Guidance is definitely necessary.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment