Sunday, November 26, 2017

Top Movies of All Time according to IMDB ~ #36 The Green Mile (1999) ~ m

Image result for the green mile

I'm pretty sure I made this comment when I reviewed Saving Private Ryan but I'll repeat it again.  I love Tom Hanks.  This was also the breakout movie for Michael Clarke Duncan, another actor I really admire.


The story is about a simple, innocent black man, John Coffey, who is found guilty of raping and murdering two little girls and sentenced to death.  Coffey has a profound effect on the guards on death row, especially when they learn of his special gift which is a blessing to others and a curse to him.


This movie is so moving that I dare you not to cry.




Academy Awards, USA 2000

Nominated

Best Picture
David Valdes
Frank Darabont

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Michael Clarke Duncan

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published
Frank Darabont

Best Sound
Robert J. Litt
Elliot Tyson
Michael Herbick
Willie D. Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment